Gas leaks in local eateries

-- Photo by Frank Smith
Two natural gas leaks were reported in two local restaurants recently. On Sunday, a gas leak was detected in El Charro T. at 1195 E. Austin Street. The restaurant was closed, but the adjacent restaurant, Hoa Son, was occupied. Customers were temporarily evacuated, and the building was ventilated by Giddings firemen. The smell of gas was reported by an employee at 6:58 a.m. Monday morning in…

Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or go here to purchase a subscription.